22nd January 2011 - New Car

In January 2011 my Hyundai Coupe 2.0l Gen 1 failed the MOT on tyre tread, emissions (damaged catalytic converter) and the brakes (seized cylinder and excessively worn discs and pads). Due to a lack of time and my reliance on my cars for work I decided a new car was needed.

After searching around and running many quotes on various cars I settled on a Ford Fiesta ST. I went to look at one in the Bury Ford dealership but the car had engine problems and had to be set away for repairs. I eventually purchased my Fiesta ST from Evans Halshaw in Burnley.



The car was completely standard when I got it and it came in the Colorado Red colour. I have always had a soft touch for red cars and thought this was perfect. The very same day I signed up to the www.fordfiestaST.com forums where I found all kinds of useful information and knowledgable members.

When I picked up the car several days later, the dealer had cleaned the car and engine bay. Unfortunately the cleaning product they used on the engine seemed to have been sucked into the air intake and caused the engine management light to come on. A quick trip back to the garage resulted in a new oxygen sensor being fitted under the warranty which cured the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment